Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cassie's list of Truth's and Realities

Saving Truth from Falsehood and Envy, François Lemoyne, 1737

Wayyyy back in 97 when I got my first computer I started a word doc with all the little sayings I came across , I had 54 of them when I printed it out last....I kept it on an old floppy disk that has since gone obsolete and I don't know that I ever got it transferred over to disk. I will have to look for it when I move in...........but anyway I had printed it out at work and laminated back when I worked at Medarex and talked my boss into buying a laminator for the signs for the clean rooms...I went wild with that thing when he first got it for me, there's few things a finicky virgo like myself likes more than the ability to take paper and make it washable and free of tears or disfigurment LOL........but anyway......
I had printed and laminated one and hung it behind my dryer so that when I folded clothes I read these over and over to lock them into my mind. I had many a tennant also who told me they read them as they folded clothes, in getting ready to move my washer/dryer I found this list and decided to re-type it here for you all to share, it's a good list in my humble opinion. It got me through these 13 years of being a single mom, trying to make ends meet, hang onto a house, find new friends, look for love and basically just hang on.....I hope it helps you too.

1. The only constant thing is life is change.
2. Nothing lasts, not even pain.
3. You can't make anyone love you.
4. Only you can make you happy.
5. It really is better to have love and lost...
6. You can always do more than you think you can.
7. Don't wait for someone to give you flowers, grow a garden of your own.
8. No matter how hard you try, you can't help a hunchback find his most comfortable position to sleep in.
9. What does not destroy you makes you strong.
10. The difference between insanity and genius is success.
11. Buy land, they've stopped making it.
12. Time is the best teacher, unfortunatley it kills all it's students so don't wait till you got it just right just do it!
13. Love is not loved.
14. The purpose of life is to enjoy it.
15. Nothing if often a good thing to do and very often a good thing to say.
16. Setting an example is not best way to influence someone, it is the only way.
17. When we ask for advice we are really seeking an accomplice.
18. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
19. The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
20. If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
21. Fill your heart with good things for it's the only thing you carry every place you go.
22. Discovery comes not from seeing new landscapes but from looking with new eyes.
23. Tell me who you admire and I will tell you who you are.
24. Complete forgiveness is memory without pain.
25. Life is made up of years that mean little and moments that mean all.
26. If you want to be respected you must respect yourself.
27. Common sense is instinct, enough of it is genius.
28. Only the madman is absolutely sure.
29. Immature men want to die nobly for a cause, mature men want to live humby for one.
30. If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
31. The only real mistake in life is the one not learned from.
32. Nobody is ever old untill the day dreams are replaced by regrets.
33. Never hold on because you are afraid to let go.
34. Absence is to love what wind is to fire- it extinguishes the small and enkindles the great.
35. Love the light for it shows the way, but endure the darkness for it shows you the stars.
36. The only time you should look down on someone is when you are bending over to help them up.
37. Courage is the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
38. Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without.
39. When you love, love to the point of madness, it is the only sensible way.
40. When you are young you live for tommorow, when you are old you live for yesterday, when you are wise you live for today.
41. Love is never wrong.
42. You've got to dance like nobody's watching and love like it's never going to hurt.
43. Never stop believing in dreaming and never stop dreaming of believing.
44. Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it's just the voice at the end of the day that says "I'll try again tommorow".
45. We find comfort among those who agree with us and we find growth among those who don't.
46. The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
47. Once you are real, you cannot be ugly-except to people who don't understand.
48. How will you know someone loves you if they meet only your expectations and not your needs.
49. Don't worry about the meaning of life, look for the meaning in life.
50. If I tell you, you will not know, you must learn for yourself.
51. To love someone is to learn the song in thier heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten.
52. Love is how we feel toward those who show us that which is loveable about ourselves.
53. Heartily know, when half-gods go, the gods arrive.  ~Emerson
54. The bitterest tears shed over graves were for words left unsaid or deeds left undone.......

No comments:

Post a Comment