Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1-4-11 Resolutions


1-4-11  Resolutions

So how many of you out there made yourself some New Years Resolutions? How many of you are like some of my friends who don't believe in making them because they say they will just break them? Well I myself made some, and I may or may not keep them but if they are one's that are important to me I will just keep re-making, right? Isn't that the best way to do it?
 
So New Years Eve, despite the fact that I prefer to stay home and avoid the high prices, the dangerous roads and the same old lang syne... I drive 40 minutes to go to a party because my gal pal who is going through some really hard times in her relationship (course she's been going through hard times for years in this relationship) begged me to do something with her. So since this event was halfway between us, and hosted by a good organizer buddy of mine I decided that I would go and I promoted it on CC, which drew in a few of "my people".  Then last minute a guy I know called me up and invited me to a party at his house and was bummed I had plans.. well long story short my gal pal never came and claimed she fell asleep but I really feel like she blew me off for having boyfriend stuff come up as that is the norm with her...needless to say she's not making it into my new year.... Resolution #1 Have only quality friendships.
 
Saturday the kids were here, I had let Jeremy have a friend over to celebrate New Years with him and my house was in disarray and a lot of food had been eaten. I went up to have a talk with them when they woke up and saw two bags of suspect material, when I asked if was what I thought it was they said it was not, so I took it and said kewl then I can have it.....the look of panic....So I sat down and laid it on the line to my son and his friend. I said it's your lying that disappoints me the most because you know lying is simply nothing more than being a cowardly little boy who gets his hand caught in the cookie jar. It's time to Man Up and be truthful with me all the time, cuz I am cursed, the truth always finds me even when I'd rather now know, so at least quit being such cowards and have some integrity and tell the truth. And the house is a mess clean it! They were good the rest of the day and later that night I went to see "True Grit" with Mary...a good lesson there in that movie, back in those days people lived hard, times were tough and the people tougher but one thing I saw in the movie and that was a man's word was his word, even if his last words to you were ya stole my horse and now I am going to shoot ya! LOL But still truth and integrity those are valuable. Resolution # 2 Expect (and give) only truth and integrity from the people in my life.
 
Sunday I had made appointments with my realtor who sold my home up here, she's been anxious about me not having a new place and ready to get out of this one as they won't close till I am getting out..So she wanted to show me a couple homes in a town next to where I want to live. I called Mike and he was on vacation but got his broker to show me the grey house again, I wanted to take measurements and such before I made an offer, and so I went down. She and I talked and sorted out the whole thing and decided on a price much lower than they are asking but hey they lied to me they messed with me its going to cost them, we will see what happens... I was happy to get out of there just in time to make noon mass in the church down there and sat there saying see God I am starting the New Year off right...he said "good now make a habit of it"! Resolution #3 Stay active in church and spiritual communities
 
Then I headed to the mall for my newly formed Walking & Talking group. This is Resolution #4 Be more physically active I think that's enough to get started on for now, as the week unfolded into Monday and today my resolution #1 was challenged quite a bit, people who come into my circle don't go away any too easily, I really don't know why either. One guy I was talking to today was saying you know Cassie you have a lot of enemies out here, people you have removed from your groups and such you should be worried about that. Nope not worried a bit I told him I am proud of each and every enemy that I have because they are people who lacked integrity, people who mistreated others, or people who weren't charitable even to themselves, people who used others, slandered others, brought clouds of negativity to the groups. No I am proud of every enemy because it shows what I will and will not stand for. I don't compromise in order to have friends.
 
Now this is not to say I do not LOVE these people, I love each and every one because we are all related, we are all children of god and its my enemies that I pray for the most. If any of them ever comes to me and asks for Reiki or a sympathetic ear I am there for them, I forgive I forget I give second third and 70 times 7 chances...if they want to evolve into the loving beings they were created to be, if not they can stay away and not muddy up my aura! I pray that you all have the same courage in your relationships this year...
 
Today take a look at what resolutions you wish to make for yourself, where is there room for improvement? Can you set a few goals for yourself to become an even better you this year? If you can't think of any just ask God , he will help you.....Cuz I don't know about you but last year I started walking my path but this year I'm learning to fly!!!
 
With Love and in the Light, Cassie
 
 Tom Petty - Learning To Fly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment